Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper
eBay auction sniping, eBay buying and selling information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sniper not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Sniper not working Reply with quote

Question:

I place a snipe request yestterday afternoon and I was accepted and keyed to run. This morning I tried another one. It will not accept the snipe and the other one I put in yestarday is gone. I logged off and the back on several tiems to no avail. What is wrong? My logon is ***********

Reply:

I see that you won an item on the 26th of March. It also shows that you had a snipe set up to execute today for item # ***********, but it was deleted before execution. That auction has about 11 hours left, if you wanted to reschedule a snipe for it.

I'm guessing you accidently deleted that snipe (Snipes that are deleted or archived while still pending will not execute)? If you did not delete it, I don't know why it's status is shown as deleted, we've not had a problem with snipes being auto-deleted, but if you're 100% sure that you did not delete it, please let me know.

As far as Hidbid not accepting a new snipe, there's a check that is done during set up. If the normal bid page is not shown when the "place bid" button is clicked on the auction listing page for an item that you want to snipe, Hidbid returns an error.

There are a couple reasons that this can occur:

You could have a weak eBay password that prompts eBay to have you fill in a captcha form when signing in
You are new to eBay, and are shown some sort of new buyer notice that eBay seems to keep creating
There could be a possible recall(or other kind of) notice shown for the item before the bid page is shown

Any of the things listed above would add a step to the bidding process and prevent a snipe from executing successfully, so we have the checks before the snipe is set up so that you don't think all is well, then have an unexecuted snipe.

I suggest that when sheduling a snipe for an item, go to that auction listing and click on the "place bid" button. If you see a page other than the normal bid page shown, Hidbid will not be able to snipe the item. Hidbid checks for this also, but it would still be a good idea. We may add the ability for Hidbid to work through these notices shown, but aren't sure yet.

***Note -- Seller restriction notices are not shown until after you try to submit a bid, so hidbid cannot do a check for these.

So, it is up to you need to make sure that you are an eligible bidder for the item that you are interested in.You can do so by contacting the seller and asking them if there are any restrictions as far as eligible bidders go.

Here are some of the possible restrictions that can be put on an auction by a seller:

must live in (a) certain country(ies)
must not have 3 unpaid strikes in last 30 days
must have a certain feedback score
must have Paypal account associated with the eBay ID that you use for bidding
maybe 1 or 2 more
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: