Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper
eBay auction sniping, eBay buying and selling information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bidding alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: bidding alerts Reply with quote

Question:

Hi, I have a FAQ that is not addressed: What happens if my snipe price is lower than the bid price hours beforehand? Will I get a notification that the price has increased and I can't snipe it? For example, I bid $25 on an item currently priced at $20, but the auction is three days away. Then tomorrow someone bids $30 for the item. Obviously I can\'t snipe it because the price exceeds my snipe bid. Will I get an email notification or something asking if I'd like to edit my snipe?

Reply:

When this happens with maybe 1 hour or more left in the auction(I'm not positive if that is the cutoff or not right off the top of my head) a "Maximum Bid Exceeded" is sent out to warn members.

However, it looks as though someone has labeled these messages as spam because many are blocked. So, the alert email can't be relied on right now because of this.

Hopefully we can greatly improve the delivery rate for these messages soon.

As of right now, I'd just say to decide on your max bid, schedule your snipe, and then try not to think about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: