Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper
eBay auction sniping, eBay buying and selling information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

no longer want item

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: no longer want item Reply with quote

Question:

i do not want to buy the item i placed a bid on i found a better deal, what can i do, if i win and do not purchase what can happen?

Reply:

I don't understand your question.

If you have scheduled a snipe for an item and no longer want it, you can just cancel the snipe as long as there is more than five minutes left in the auction.

If you have already placed a bid on the item but the auction has not ended yet, you can retract your bid on eBay.

If you have already won the item, you can contact the seller and explain that you no longer want it. That is a pain for the seller however as they will have to file a request to get their final value fees (and I guess listing fees) refunded.

If you have already won the item and just ignore any payment requests or any other communication from the seller, you would probably get an unpaid strike against you and maybe more.

If I were in the position of winning an item but no longer wanting it, I would contact the seller explaining this and offering them a few dollars to cover their listing and final value fees and time dealing with my mistake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: