Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper
eBay auction sniping, eBay buying and selling information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Didn't My Bid Go through?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Why Didn't My Bid Go through? Reply with quote

Question:

why didnt my bid go through?

Reply:

It looks as though there was a delay and the auction had ended before your bid was submitted.
I looked at the other snipe that you had scheduled and saw that your bid was placed with one second left in the auction.
It seems that there is either a couple second delay when Hidbid attempts to submit your bids (maybe just a temporary thing, maybe a Hidbid/eBay UK thing) or you are setting up your snipes with the "Time left to bid" setting set to less than the recommended 5 seconds.
Either way, I suggest that you add four or five seconds when you schedule your next snipe.
So, if you are now adjusting that setting to one second, instead make it five or six seconds.
If you are leaving it at the default five seconds, change it to nine or 10 seconds.
Ideally, you want your bid submitted with five seconds left in the auction - too late for manual snipers to react, and hopefully the first automated snipe submitted (if there happen to be other snipes set up for that item by other bidders).
This is because if two bids are the same or there is not enough difference between them to meet the minimum bid increment, the first bid in wins.
I hope this helps, good luck with your sniping.

**Note -- We may go ahead and change the "Time left to bid" drop-down menu so that five seconds is the smallest option, rather than one second, to remove any temptation for members. There would be no benefit in going below five seconds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: