Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper
eBay auction sniping, eBay buying and selling information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will my snipe automatically bid the max price?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Will my snipe automatically bid the max price? Reply with quote

Question:

I just signed up for your service but I'm a little confused about the bid process. Say I set my sniper max bid at $30.00 and the e-bay item is now on bid at $15.00 and say it stays there until my sniper bid scheduled. When my sniper bid occurs does it automatically just bid the max price I set at $30 or does it try and bid in increments starting above the current bid listed? Or is it a one shot bidat30.00? Thanks

Reply:

Here are three questions and answers(#29-31) from the FAQ page that deal with your question:

#29 If I go to eBay and bid on an auction manually and then set up a snipe here on Hidbid for the same item, will I be bidding against myself unnecessarily increasing my bid amount (Can I outbid myself)?
No, eBay's system prevents this from happening. If your scheduled snipe maximum is above the bid you placed manually then it will register with eBay when the snipe is executed and eBay's proxy bidding system will take it from there, increasing your bid as needed until you are the high bidder or your maximum has been exceeded.

#30 Will Hidbid immediately bid my maximum, even if my maximum bid isn't needed to win the auction?
Your maximum bid will be entered into eBay and then eBay's proxy bidding system will take over from there (except with Dutch style auctions). Your bid will go as high as it needs to until you win the auction or your maximum bid is exceeded.

#31 With reserve auctions, will Hidbid increase my bid just until I'm the current high bidder or until the reserve price is met?
Until you are the high bidder, regardless of the reserve price that has been set. So, you could be the high bidder and not be awarded the item because of eBay's reserve auction rules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: