Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper
eBay auction sniping, eBay buying and selling information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Login Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Login Help Reply with quote

Question:

Each time I try to log in with correct details it comes up \\\"log in error\\\" Your advices please.

Reply:

I am not sure what the problem is. If you are a new member and this is your first time logging in, this may be your problem:

For some reason, hidbid's system adds a slash (/) before or after certain characters in the e-mail messages that are sent out. If you copied your password from the welcome e-mail that was sent to you, that could be causing the problem. I know it happens with quotation marks and apostrophes, and maybe a couple other characters. We've tried to figure out the cause, but have not been able to.

So, if you have any slashes shown in your password, you could try entering your password without them and see what happens. If that does not work, you can click on the "Forgot password?" link located in the sign in box to get a new password, and see if that helps.

Again, keep the slashes problem in mind with your new password as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: