Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper
eBay auction sniping, eBay buying and selling information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIGN-IN/ RECOGNITION

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: SIGN-IN/ RECOGNITION Reply with quote

Question:

I HAVE TRIED MULTIPLE TIMES TO SNIPE A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT AUCTIONS - HID BID WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO - STATES THERE IS AN ERROR AND THAT I MUST SIGN IN TO EBAY OR REGISTER TO EBAY... PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M DOING WRONG. WHEN I CONFIRM ME USER ID AND PASSWORD, IT STATES THAT IT'S CORRECT.... THANKS

Reply:

When a snipe is scheduled, Hidbid checks to see if the bid page is shown when the "place bid" button is clicked for the target eBay item. If there's a different page shown, then Hidbid returns an error to alert you, snipes will not execute if another page other than the bid page is shown.

I'm guessing that either you're relatively new to eBay, or you have a weak eBay password that prompts eBay to include a captcha image that must be entered when you log in to eBay. If that is the case, strengthen your eBay password.

When you want to try again, when you find an item that you'd like to snipe, click on the "place bid" button for that item just to see what page is shown. If it's any page other than the bid page, or if there's been a step or 2 added to the bidding process (having to click an extra button, fill in a captcha form, being shown a possible recall notice, etc), it should cause Hidbid to show an error.

It seems that eBay is trying to increase awareness, improve security and decrease ID hijacking, so they've been adding a couple things to their site to do so. The things that add a step to the bidding process interfere with Hidbid placing your bid.

We hope to have Hidbid recognize and work through these alerts in the near future - except maybe the possible recall notice alert, so you can then decide if you still want the item.

Also, mature auction listings require that you verify that you're of legal age, adding a step to the bidding process, preventing Hidbid from placing a bid for you.

So, I suggest that you try the things mentioned in the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs above and hopefully things will be ok. eBay may continually add a captcha form to the bidding or sign in process for new members however, I don't know.

Hopefully this helps.
aschindler2000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this same "sign in or register to eBay" error message but am correctly getting the "place bid" screen when I attempt to place a bid directly on eBay. I get no captcha requirement. Any idea what the problem is?

Hidbid worked correctly for me yesterday and the only thing I think that could have changed is that I signed up for eBay Bucks, so there is a little notice about how many eBay Bucks I'll earn on the Place Bid screen.
aschindler2000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that problem has gone away and I am able to successfully enter my hidbid snipe. But now the status shows that I've lost the auction even though it hasn't ended yet and my snipe is well above the current bid. Confused
aschindler2000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A click on "snipe response" for this auction shows "pre-execution: true" and I get the eBay sign in or register screen. *groan*
freddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I've deleted the snipe from your account so that you can attempt to reschedule it if you'd like, as I think it should be ok.

I'm not sure what causes the sign in page to be show as the response, I thought it was maybe because a user has a weak ebay password along with being a new hidbid user (bids coming from an ip address than usual for your account. However, a past member that this has happened to said his password was complex, so, I'm not sure.

He had just changed his ebay username, so that may have had something to do with it, I don't know right now.

I was hoping our latest updates would eliminate this problem (which is relatively rare), but have not. We'll keep looking for the answer.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hidbid.com - The eBay Auction Sniper Forum Index -> Thoughts And Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: